Food Quality and Preservation
New materials and nanotechnology for food applications
- Nanotechnology in the Food Area.
- Nanocomposite Materials Development, Characterization and Processing.
- Bioplastics for Coatings and BioPackaging.
- Biotechnology Routes to Derive Sustainable Materials.
- Food Quality and Safety.
- Micro and Nanoencapsulation of Bioactives, Control Release and Cell Viability Studies.
- Active and Bioactive Nanostructured Materials Based on Natural Products.
- Development and characterization of materials such as biopolymers and bioblends with enhanced performance of interest in food hydrocolloids, food packaging and coatings.
- Development of multifunctional active nanotechnologies (UV barrier, oxygen scavengers, ..) and applications of these in the food area.
- Development of high gas and vapour barrier nanobiocomposites with enhanced performance for packaging applications.
- Development and characterization of micro and nanoencapsulation of active and bioactive ingredients for the design of both novel functional foods and bioactive packaging constituents.
- Development and characterization of the activity of novel and more efficient antimicrobials based on natural products and nanostructured materials.
- Development of renewable materials making use of biotechnology routes.
- Transfer of technology to the private sector via contract with industrial partners or by the creation of technology-based spin-offs